I’ve never joined a “singles” group — what’s PVC like?
It’s a relaxed group of people who will make you very welcome and where you’ll quickly feel right at home! People can participate in projects or social activities based on what interests them, or can suggest new ideas for the group to consider. Many people form circles of friends outside PVC, and some occasionally find partners.
What are the dues?
$40 a year — less than a dollar a week!
Where do you meet?
We meet at the NEW Center, 1100 N. Main Street, Ann Arbor, overlooking the Huron River. This is just north of the railroad tracks at Depot Street, and before you get to Huron River Drive. GET DIRECTIONS HERE!
When do you meet?
Our regular general meeting is the second Friday of each month, at 7:30 p.m. We also have a meet and greet for newcomers at 7:00 p.m. or so. Come check us out!
What do you do at meetings?
We get together to talk, catch up with friends and plan future volunteer projects and social events. Snacks are provided, and you are welcome to join in board games, cards, or conversation as the mood strikes you. We also have a meet and greet at 7:00 PM (before the meeting) where visitors and guests can ask questions about the group. After the meeting, people sign up for whatever socials or projects they are interested in.
What sort of projects does PVC do?
Each month we suggest and vote on ideas. Have an idea? Toss it out to the group! Here are some of the projects we’ve enjoyed doing . . .
- Sort toys and food during the holidays at Salvation Army
- Usher at Shakespeare in the Arb and the UM Life Sciences Orchestra
- Help at Food Gatherers Grillin’ for the Hungry
- Help with mailings for the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra and Washtenaw Literacy
- Serve meals at the Salvation Army Delonis Center
- Volunteer staff at the Saline Celtic Festival
- Work at Ann Arbor park Natural Area Preservation projects
- Help at auctions for Washtenaw Literacy, Hearts For the Arts and Habitat for Humanity
What sort of social activities does PVC have?
Anything of interest to our members! Some of the things we’ve done lately include:
- Howell Michigan Challenge Balloon Festival
- Manchester Chicken Broil
- Detroit Institute for the Arts
- Ford Rouge Factory Tour
- Toledo Mud Hens Game
- Restaurant Club Outings (monthly)
- Game Nights
- Plays and theater productions
- Holiday parties
- Annual picnic at Gallup Park in July
- Whatever people suggest and can round up a group to do!
Come and join in the fun! Find out more here
© 2013 Professional Volunteer Corps – All Rights Reserved